Tuesday, April 15, 2008

One Way To Heaven!

Have you ever wondered why God only gave us one way into Heaven? I have people say, "there is more ways than one". Jesus made it perfectly clear that He is the only way in the book of John.
John; 14:6
(Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.)

Jesus can make that claim because He is God the Son. There are many cults in the world today who try to take the Deity away from Jesus. They may admit that He is God's Son, but they will not admit that He is God. Any religion that doesn't teach that Jesus is God the Son, is a false religion. When Jesus said that 'I Am' the way, He was not only telling us that we need to come to the Father through Him, but that He is God Himself.
John; 10:30
(My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one.")

At this point the Jews were going to stone Jesus for claiming to be God. They understood the meaning of 'I Am' because 'I AM' is another name for God.
Exodus; 3:13-14
(Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' ")
Jesus was not only claiming to be God's Son, but that He is Yahweh of the old testament. He is the eternal God, the second person of the trinity.

When Jesus tells us that He is the only way to the Father, He can say that because He came from the Father to provide us a way of forgiveness of sins. Without forgiveness of sins, no one would be able to make it to heaven. The price for our sins is death and we would still owe that debt if He hadn't died in our place. But give thanks Jesus, who paid the price for all who would believe on Him. We can go to heaven when we die because the debt has been paid by Him. There is only one way and you must come to Jesus for forgiveness or you will die in your sins and be eternally separated from God for eternity. When you die in your sins, your destination is the lake of fire.
Revelation; 20:15
(And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.)

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, don't be deceived into thinking you can make it some other way. You might be a very good person and do many good things for others, but you still have the sin debt until you ask Jesus to forgive you that debt. You must believe that Jesus is God and only God can forgive sins. When Jesus healed the paralytic, He told Him his sins were forgiven.
Luke; 5:20
(When He saw their faith, He said to him, "Man your sins are forgiven you.")
Jesus can forgive you but you must put your faith in Him. Come to Jesus today, you don't know the day you will die, and you don't want to die without Jesus in your heart. When you die you want your sin debt paid.
John; 8:24
(Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."
God gave his Son Jesus to die in our place.
John; 3:16-17
(For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.)


God Bless You!

No comments: