Friday, January 16, 2009

God Has A Purpose!

Romans; 9:11-12
(for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls, it was said to her, "The older shall serve the younger." As it is written, "Jacob I have loved, but Esau I have hated.")
We don't always understand why God does what He does. All through Scripture we ask "why"? Sometimes God will tell us why and sometimes He doesn't. What we do know is that God doesn't make mistakes. God had a sovereign plan for the children of Israel and His plan included the line of Jacob to bring forth the twelve patriarchs.

Jacob had twelve sons and these became the ancestors of the twelve tribes of Israel. They are Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher.
This is one reason for Jacob being chosen. God chooses who he will show mercy and compassion too. All of us who have believed on Him for salvation have had this mercy and compassion granted to us.
Romans; 9:15
(For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I have compassion.")

We can also look to Pharaoh to see God's sovereign plan. This is a quote from the Old Testament which proves that God does sovereignly choose who will serve His purpose and how.
Romans; 9:17
(For the Scripture says to the Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth.")
The one thing we don't want to do is have a condemning reply against God. Such as "Why did you do that?" We know that God knows all things and that He knows the past as well as the future.

God tells us that His thoughts and ways are higher than ours. God's grace and mercy are far beyond human comprehension.
Isaiah; 55:7-9
(Let the wicked forsake his way, And the unrighteous man his thoughts; Let him return to the LORD, And He will have mercy on him; And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are My ways your ways", say the LORD. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.)
As we see, we are going to have to wait until we reach heaven to find out answers to the tough questions. If I had to come up with a short answer to why God does what He does. My answer would be: because HE is GOD and He doesn't make mistakes.

God Bless You!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, but that doesnt stop me wondering why??