Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Time For Thought!

We just arrived back from seeing our family in New Mexico. It was a fun trip as we don't live close to each other anymore. On the way home, we witnessed the aftermath of a couple of accidents. As I drove along, I thought about how quickly a person can lose his or her life. I'm sure before these two wrecks, the people were not thinking "this may be their last few breaths here on earth". I don't know if anyone died in these two accidents, but it didn't look good for anyone.

Luke; 12:16-20
(Then He spoke a parable to them, saying: "The ground of a certain rich man yielded plentifully. And he thought within himself, saying, 'What shall I do, since I have no room to store my crops?' So he said, I will do this: I will pull down my barns and build greater, and there I will store my crops and goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years; take your ease; eat, drink, and be merry." But God said to him, 'Fool! This very night your soul will be required of you; then whose will those things be which you have provided?')
Just as in this parable, the rich man didn't know his time on earth was just about over. It is the same with us in that we don't know when our life will be over. We need to live every day as it may be our last. Don't wait until tomorrow to give your life to Jesus as you may never get another chance.

God Bless You!

No comments: