Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let's Give Thanks This Thanksgiving And Always!

Hebrews; 13:15-16
(Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to his name. But do not forget to do good and to share, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.)
It seems to me that people in general have a very good knack for complaining. If we were honest with ourselves, we all do it from time to time. Then we when really take a good look at our lives, most of us have it so much better that the rest of the world. I read a quote in twitter today and it really drove the point home. "Most of our garbage disposals see more food from a single meal than much of the world sees in a single day". Yet we can always find something to complain about.

What we should be doing is what the writer of Hebrews said. We should always be giving thanks to God in all circumstances. Here we are getting close to Thanksgiving Day and we need to reflect on all that God has given us. Most of us have our health, a roof over our head, heat in the winter, our families, our friends, and a place to worship God without persecution. This doesn't even scratch the surface of what we should be thankful for.

Some of us have given our lives to Jesus and have eternal life. We couldn't ask for a better gift than that and often we forget to thank God for saving us. This Thanksgiving, let's reflect on all we have and thank God for His tender mercies and love which He has bestowed on us. There isn't a single one of us who deserves anything we have because we all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Because of His great love for us, we are still alive to celebrate this holiday with friends and family.

I personally thank you God for saving me and giving me eternal life. Thank you for being patient with me and not giving up on me before I came to Jesus for forgiveness. Everything I am and all that I have is a gift from you God. Without you in my life, I am nothing and I give you all the praise and glory and worship and thanks. I'm a child of God thanks to Jesus Christ my Savior and Lord.

God Bless You!

No comments: