Saturday, September 11, 2010

Are You Forgiving Others?

Matthew; 6:14
("For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.)
Not always easy, is it? Everyone of us has had someone say or do something that has hurt us or angered us. Our first response is usually in the flesh and we want revenge. But God says we need to forgive others and allow Him to deal with them. At times I think I have forgiven someone when in fact I'm still holding a grudge. It usually doesn't take long and I'll say something and I'll suddenly realize I haven't really forgiven that person. We always need to turn it over to God and ask Him to help us forgive people who hurt us. If we just allow God to work in our lives, He'll change us to become more like His Son, Jesus Christ, who forgave all of our sins. We are to confess our sins daily in order to obtain a day to day cleansing. If we say we don't sin, we are just fooling ourselves.
1John; 1:8
(If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.)


God Bless You!

No comments: