Monday, October 29, 2007

You Must Believe!

John: 8:24
(Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.")

Jesus is telling them that the fatal sin is failure to believe that He is the Messiah. He is God the Son who came into the world that who ever would believe in Him would be saved. There isn't anything that we can do that will get us eternal life except to believe in Jesus. We are told over and over in the Scriptures that we must believe in order to be saved.

John; 3:16
(For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.)
John; 3:36
(He who believes in the Son has everlasting life, and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.)
Romans; 10:9
(that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.)
Acts; 4:12
(Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.)

It's will be impossible for you to put your faith in Jesus if you do not believe that He is who He says He is. He has told us all through the Scriptures that He is God the Son. He told the religious leaders that he was God when He said to them "I AM".
John; 8:58
(Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.")
Here Jesus declares Himself to be Yahweh, the Lord of the Old Testament.
Exodus; 3:13-14
(Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they say to me, 'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.' ")

If we want eternal life, we must believe in Jesus and put our faith in Him. It all comes down to our believing in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

God Bless You!

No comments: