Saturday, March 17, 2007

Are You Truly Free?

I'm not hear to be your judge you, I'm hear to ask if you have thought about this. Are you free or are you a slave? You probably say that you are not a slave because you live in the 21st century. I hope that you are truly free, but the Scripture say that what ever we are controlled by, we are a slave too. Maybe you don't think that anything is controlling your life but let's take a look at some things. Do you smoke? can you quit? Do you drink alcohol? Can you quit? Can you really quit? Do you do illegal drugs or legal prescription drugs? Can you quit?

Let's just discuss the legal drug, "Alcohol ". It is dangerous to your health as well as other people's heath. I don't have to tell you this because you hear it in the news every day. Alcohol has ruined more lives and families and killed more innocent people than we can imagine. We only hear the ones that make the news, but what about all of the ones that we don't hear about? We may not hear about them but God knows and He also knows the cause. Let's look at what the Scripture has to say.

I don't think that having a drink is a sin, but drunkenenss is not the life for a believer. You may say that you don't get drunk but you do drink everyday. Now this may be true, but you probably do come under the influence of the alcohol if you are drinking more than one drink. My point is this, "Can You Quit"? If you can't quit, you are a slave to your habit. Jesus can set you "Free" from this habit.
Isaiah; 4:11
(Woe to those who rise early in the morning, That they may follow intoxicating drink; who continue until night, till wine inflames them!)
I used to be one of these people myself, but after I accepted Jesus into my life, I ask Him to take the sin of drunkenness out of my life and He did it right then. I thought that I was in control of the alcohol, but the truth was that the alcohol was in control of my life. I never went anywhere without a six pack with me just in case my frisends didn't have any beer. After Jesus, I quit drinking all alcohol. My so called friends were not friends, but drinking buddies. They soon disappeared out of my life and I started to get Christian friends. If alcohol has control of your life, you can do the same.
1Peter; 4:3-4
(For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles-when we walked in lewdness, lust, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you.)
Don't think for a moment, if this is the lifestyle you now live, that you won't be ridiculed from your drinking friends if you quit. Your friends will be surprised and even offended because you don't want to participate in these pleasures anymore.

My main point is this, if you are living like this, and you want to be free from this addiction, there is freedom in Jesus Christ. There is nothing that He cannot do. We are told in the scriptures that drunkenness is unrighteousness, and if we live this lifestyle, we won't inherit the kingdom of God.
1Corinthians; 6:9-10
(Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.)
We are all sinners and slaves to sin until we have Jesus in our life. With His power we have victory over sin. Yes, we are still sinners and we will be tempted to sin, but it doesn't have control over you.
Romans; 8:1-4
(There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according the flesh but according to the Spirit.)
Walk, refers to a lifestyle, the habits of living and thinking that characterize a person's life. We need to follow the Spirit's guidance in our daily walk to keep from sinning. We want to please our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and God the Father, and we can do this by loving Him and obeying Him.

Give your life to Jesus today and be free from the law of sin. He can help you quit any habit you have been wanting to quit.
John; 8:36
(Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.)


God Bless You!

No comments: