Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Eternally Secure? Yes Or No?

Today, I will tell you why I believe that once saved, always saved.

There are many times that I have heard people talk about eternal security for believers. You have heard people say that once saved always saved. I believe once saved always saved. The next question will be, were you really saved or did you just repeat some words? The Scriptures tell us that when Salvation takes place that you are a new creation in Christ. There should be some change in your life and the way you think. I have heard others say that you can walk away from your salvation. I believe that if you were truly saved, and the Holy Spirit entered into your life, you will not walk away from your Salvation because He will give you the strength to endure to the end.

Let's look at some Scriptures and see what God says.
2Corinthians; 5:17
(Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.)
This is regeneration or new birth. New birth is an act of God whereby eternal life is imparted to the believer.
John; 3:3
(Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.")
Spiritual transformation or regeneration produced by the Holy Spirit.
Titus; 3:5-6
(Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,)
Salvation brings divine cleansing from sin and the gift of a new, Spirit-generated, Spirit-empowered, and Spirit protected life as God's own children and heirs.

Jesus says that those who belong to Him are safe in Him. Jesus tells us that no on can snatch you away Him or the Father, who is in control of everything.
Colossians; 3:3
(For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.)
John; 10:27-30
(My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. I and My Father are one.)
Every true believer is eternally secure, kept by God Himself. I feel that all true believer will endure to the end being kept safe from spiritual harm.

Now for those who would walk away from the truth, I don't know if they were ever truly saved and that conversion ever took place. They may have spoke the words, but was their heart right with God.
Romans; 8:9
(But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.)
If the Spirit of Christ is not in you, you are not his. We need to take a look at our life and see if we do belong to Christ. Have you honestly committed your life to Him as Lord and Savior?
1John; 5:11-12
(And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.)
Whoever believes in God's Son has eternal life. You don't need to worry about it because you have been given eternal life by God Himself. Our certainty is based on God's promise that if we have the Son we have eternal life.

I'm not going to try to tell you if you are saved, that belongs to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He knows the heart of man and He knows those who are His. I heard a saying a few years back and it seems to fit. "No Jesus No Change, No Change No Jesus" We cannot do anything on our own, only through the indwelling Holy Spirit can change take place in our life. He comes into our life at the point of Salvation and change starts then. According to the Word, no one or nothing can separate us from the love of God.
Romans; 8:34-35
(Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?)
Romans; 8:38-39
(For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.)
Once a person is truly saved, God will keep you safe until Christ return. I know there are people who say otherwise, but this is how I believe according to what I read in the Scriptures.

God Bless You!

No comments: