Thursday, March 01, 2007

We Can't Get There Without Jesus!

Looking back on everything that Jesus has done for me, I see just how hopeless I was before Jesus came into my life. I was like everyone else on the fast road to destruction. Oh! I thought I had everything in control but was I ever mistaken. I didn't realize it until I accepted Jesus as my Savior and was Born Again into a new life in Jesus Christ. It was only then that I was able to see just how hopeless I was trying to do it my way. I could never be good enough or righteous enough because I was full of sin. I could never have been able to work my way into Heaven, because I was saved by grace through faith in Jesus. I was hopelessly lost and in need of my Lord to give me eternal life or I was going to end up in the Lake of Fire.

You may be in the same predicament I was in before Jesus. Maybe you are under the assumption that you can be good enough or maybe you think that you can do enough work to warrant eternal life in Heaven. The Bible tells us we can not do anything to earn our way into Heaven. Jesus is the only way to eternal life.

[OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS AND OUR WORKS APART FROM JESUS]
Proverbs; 14:12
(There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.)
So we see that our way is the wrong way, God's way is the right way.

Isaiah; 64:6
(But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousness are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.)
Titus; 3:4-7
(But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.)
Apart from Jesus, we are totally without hope.

We are not justified by works.
Galatians; 2:16
(knowing that a man is not justified by works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.)
Romans; 3:20
(Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.)

We cannot work our way into Heaven. We are save by faith in Jesus and He is the way.
Ephesians; 2:8-9
(For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.)
God new our hopelessness, and He had a plan for our salvation. His plan was to send His Son Jesus down to earth to be a sinless sacrifice for our sins. We were saved by his blood shed for our sins, but we must come to him for that salvation.
Romans; 3:23-24
(for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.)

There it is, we are saved through faith in Jesus and no one else. There are a lot of cults out there that tell you there is another way to be saved. Don't believe them. They are called false teachers and they will lead many away from the truth.
John; 14:6
(Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.)
Put your faith in Jesus today. He is the way to eternal life in Heaven.

God Bless You!

No comments: