Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Word! Who Is The Word?

Sometimes we hear things and they go in one ear and out the other. We don't stop to digest what we just heard. When we talk about the Word of God, do we really think about what or who is the Word? The Word is God.

[Diety Of Jesus]
God tells us exactly who the Word is. In John;1;1-2(In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.) The Bible says straight forword "The Word was God". Who's the Word? The Word is Jesus, God the Son. Begotten of the Father, John;1:14(And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.) This explains the Word as being God.

When Jesus was speaking to the Jews He told them John;8:56-58 (Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. Then the Jews said to Him, "You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?" Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.") So here Jesus declares Himself to be God. You might ask well how is He declaring Himself to be God? By using "I AM."

When God was telling Moses to go to the children of Israel in Exodus;3:13-14 (Then Moses said to God, "Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they say to me,'What is His name?' what shall I say to them?" And God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And He said, "Thus you shall say to the children,'I AM has sent you.') So we see that 'I AM' refers to God.

In Isaiah we are told by God that He is the only God. Isaiah;43:10-11 ("You are My witnesses," Says the Lord, And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after ME. I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior.) In Isaiah;43:25(I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for MY own sake; And I will not remember your sins.) Now, who can forgive our sins but God alone? In Mark;2:5( When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, your sins are forgiven you.") Here again Jesus shows his diety by forgiving sins.

One more Scripture about the Word. In 1John;1:1-2(What was from the beginning, what we have heard, what we have seen with our eyes, what we have looked at and touched with our hands, concerning the Word of Life, and the life was manifested, and we seen and testify and proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and was manifested to us.)

Now we know that Jesus was the Word, and that He was with the Father in the beginning. The proof is all through the Bible. Search the Scriptures daily so that you can learn the truths in God's Word. John;14:6(Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.) So He's the way, He's the truth, He's the life.

God Bless You!

No comments: