Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Worry, Or Not To Worry! The Choice Is Yours!

We all do it, but we are not to worry about life. I know that when I was young, my mother would tell me that she worried about me when I would go places with my friends. My responce would be, and I know that we have all have used this, "I can take care of myself." I always felt that I could take care of myself, but did I ever learn that is not always the case. Now I say "Thank You Lord" for protecting them.

First an explanation of worry. Webster's Dictionary says "Worry-is mental distress or agitation resulting from concern."

[Food]
We are told in the Bible not to worry about food and clothing. God knows that we have this ability to worry, and he addresses it. In Matthew;6:25-26(For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?)

[Clothing]
Matthew;6:28-30(And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more cloth you? You of little faith!)

[Life]
Matthew;6:27(And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life?) After Jesus has told us not to be concerned with all these things in life, He tells us what we should be concerned with.

[Kingdom Of God]
Matthew;6:33-34(But seek first His kingdom and His rightousness, and all these things will be added to you. So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.)

So now we know what is really important in our lives. We need to first seek His kingdom and ask Jesus into our life. Because if we don't have Jesus in our life, nothing else is going to matter when we die. We don't want to go before God and not have our names written in the book of life. And how do you get your name written in the book of life? You confess that you are a sinner, and ask for forgiveness from Jesus, ask Him to come into your life and save you. Tell Him that you are giving your life to Him.

[Discipleship]
Matthew;16:24-25(Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.) So if you are trying to save yourself by your good works, it's not going to happen. But if you give your life to Jesus, you will save it.

[In God's Hands]
Who would your rather have holding onto you? Would you rather have yourself, or God? I want God in control of my life. John;10:27-29("My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.)

I pray that you will not worry, and secure your future by giving your life to Jesus.

God Bless You!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dad this was another nice blog today. I really enjoy reading them. It really puts in perspective how much we truly are blessed. Love J.O.

Anonymous said...

Good Word Terry. Very encouraging.

Brian