Thursday, February 22, 2007

Excuses! Everyone Has Used One At Sometime In Their Life!

We are all guilty of having excuses. Sometimes they are valid and sometimes they are just an excuse. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't work. The point is that we all have them. If you have ever had a speeding ticket, you probably used one of those excuses. My speedometer is off or I just didn't realize I was speeding. Most of the time we are at fault and try to use something else to explain our self.

The point of this is that our excuses just don't excuse us. One day we will be in front of God to explain our self and those excuses won't do us any good. If we haven't put our faith in Jesus, we are doomed to eternal separation from our God. We will spend eternity in Hell.

[EXCUSES WE MIGHT TRY TO USE]
(1)-I didn't know you existed God. No one ever told me about you, so what was I to do?
Romans; 1;18-20
(The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-His eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.)
(1)-THIS EXCUSE ISN'T GOING TO WORK!

(2)-I really didn't like the plan that you had for my salvation. I wanted to be able to work my way into heaven, that way I could do it my way instead of your way.
Ephesians; 2:8-9
(For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.)
God has given us Salvation through the sacrifice of His Son on the cross. There is nothing that we could ever do to earn eternal life, so He gave His Son to be the perfect sinless sacrifice.
Acts; 4:12
(Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.)
(2)-THIS EXCUSE ISN'T GOING TO WORK!

(3)-I wanted to go my own way because yours was to restrictive. I couldn't live the way I wanted too. I wanted to enjoy the pleasures of the flesh. There had to be an easier way to Heaven.
John; 14:6
(Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.")
There is only one way to Heaven. There are two paths a person can take, one leads to Heaven, the other leads to destruction.
Matthew; 7:13-14
(Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.)
(3)-THIS EXCUSE ISN'T GOING TO WORK!

(4)I figured because my parents were saved and had put their faith in Jesus, that would save me.
Romans; 14:11-12
(For it is written "As I live, says the Lord, Every knee shall bow to Me, And every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.)
Your parents will give account for themselves, you will give account for yourself. They may have been saved, but that doesn't save you. Call on Jesus for salvation.
Romans; 10:12-13
(For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him. For "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.")
So you see that you have to come to Jesus for your salvation. No one can do it for you.
(4)-THIS EXCUSE ISN'T GOING TO WORK!

Don't wait, come to Jesus today and be saved.

God Bless You!

No comments: