Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My History, My Future!

My wife tells me that I haven't told enough about myself on my blog. So I am going to start out with a little history of my life. I was born in North Platte, Nebraska in 1948. I went to school there and graduated in 1966. I joined the Marine Corp right out of High School, went to boot camp at Marine Corp Recruit Depot, San Diego, Calif. I went to Viet Nam on Nov 6 1967, spent 19 months in Viet Nam, came back to the states in 1969, was stationed at Barstow, Calif. until Febr. 13, 1970 and was Honorably Discharged. I came back to Nebr. and hired out on the Union Pacific Railroad on Febr. 24, 1970, and still work for them.

I met my beautiful wife Bonnie in Scotts Bluff, Nebr. in 1976, and we were married on April 6, 1977. We have had our rocky points in our marriage, but God pulled us through them and we are still married. We have two beautiful daughters, Jasmine Sapphire, and Cedar Spring. Through Jasmine, we have two lovely granddaughters, Kyla, who is 9 years old, and Oriana, who is 4 months old. I have a great son in law, Tim Ojeda. All of my family are Born Again Christians. God has blessed me so much. Thank You Father!

I was born to Christians parents, Harold & Donna Chapman. Both have went to be with the Lord. I have one brother, Harold and one sister Sally. My sister in law is Nell Chapman, and my two brothers in law are Bob Pinneker, and William Smith. All are great men.

Jesus has given me salvation through His sacrifice on the cross. I gave my life to Jesus in 1984. I had gone forward in church at a young age, but I know that salvation took place when I admitted that I was a sinner, repented of my sins, and ask Jesus into my life. That was the best moment in my life. It is a great feeling to have assurance of eternal life in heaven. I am now a new creation in Christ, a new man wanting to serve Him, and do His will the rest of my life here on earth. I write this blog with the hope that just maybe it will point someone to Jesus Christ for salvation. I don't want to see anyone end up in hell.

I will continue to blog, and I pray that anyone who reads my blog and hasn't accepted Jesus as their Savior will not wait for another moment. We are not guaranteed one more second of life here on earth. And Jesus tell us that after death here on earth comes the judgment.
Hebrews;9:27(And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes Judgment)

[Christ or Judgment]
We have a choice to make here on earth. To serve Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and live, or to serve ourselves and die eternal separation from God.
Hebrews;10:26-27(For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.)
The true believer will not sin habitually.
Rejection of Christ and His sacrifice on the cross, leaves someone with no other means of getting forgiveness for sins. They have no other way to cleanse themselves of sin.

[Die in you sins]
Jesus tells us that we must believe that He is who He says He is. "He is God the Son."
John;8:23-24(And He was saying to them,"You are from below, I am from above; you are of this world, I am not of this world. Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.")
You don't want to face God at the judgment seat and not have your name in the book of life.
Hebrews;12;29(for our God is a consuming fire.)
Hebrews;8:31(It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.)All we know is that we need to be ready for the judgment day. I want to hear "well done my good and faithful servant".

God Bless You!

No comments: