Monday, September 18, 2006

Controlling The Tongue

Have you ever been in a situation where you heard someone tell their child to watch your tongue? I'm sure you have. It is so easy to speak before we have time to think about what we are going to say. I know that I've said things and then wished I hadn't. Unfortunately we can't take anything back once it comes out of our mouth. Oh! we can apologize, but the hurt is already done.

God tells us in James 3:8 (But no one can tame the tongue; it is a restless evil and full of deadly poison.) So God tells us that we will all struggle with that small tongue. So we know that we aren't able to control our tongue because God tells us "NO ONE" can.

With God's help and only with His help are we able to control it. When I became a Christian my whole life changed. The things I was doing and didn't think I would be able to stop doing, God took them out of my life. It wasn't anything I done because I couldn't do it without His help.

So if you struggle in this area, ask God to help you and he will give you the victory.

God Bless You

No comments: