Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Exercising The Heart And Mind

Good Morning
It has been a couple of days since I have had time to post. I have been riding trains which has kept me busy. I guess I don't pay the bills unless I go to work. You might say " that seems like it would be fun to ride trains for a living". It used to be, now it has turned into a job.

Today I get to go to the dentist. No fun! Other than that, it will be just another day in wounderful Wyoming. YEA! Right now I'm going to go down stairs and work out. Sound like fun? It is to me, because it keeps me in shape so I can eat what I want too.

Now let me ask you a question. Is your heart in shape? Oh I don't mean just physically, but is it in shape spiritually? 1Timothy 4;8-9 (For bodily exercise profits a little, but godliness is profitable for all things, having promise of the life that now is and of that which is to come. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance.) God tells us that we need to exercise our mind in his word, so that we can become more Christ like.

So if you don't spend time in God's word, then make a commitment to start today to spend time with God in prayer and study of His word. If you want to know God, this is the way to learn. He wants His children to come to Him. You might say, well what will my friends think if they find me studing in my bible? God tells us in James 4;4 (You adulteresses, do you not know that friendship with the world is hostility toward God? Therefore who ever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.) 1 John 215-17 ( Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world- the lust of the flesh,the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life-is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.)

He doesn't tells us that we can't have friends, but what He does say is that He will not take second place in our lives. Matthew 10;37-38 ( He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me.) So He has to be first in our life, and then he will draw near to us. To do this, in James 4;8 (Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.) Pretty easy isn't it?

I hope that this has given you a little encouragement to rely on Gods promises. I know that I have, and I have found God to be true to His word. He has changed my life, and I stand firmly on his promises. All of my faith is in Him! I pray that you will do the same. Just get on your knees and tell God that you are a sinner and you want Him to forgive your sins and come into your heart and save you. He says He will and you can trust in His word. Gods tells us in Hebrews 6;18( so that by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have taken refuge would have strong encouragement to take hold of the hope set before us). So now we know that He cannot lie. His words are true.

I will stop for today and give you time to draw near to God, and have your mind and heart strengthened. Happy exercising!!!

God Bless You

No comments: