Wednesday, September 20, 2006

New Day

Good Morning

I got up early this morning so I could workout before my day got to busy. It just seems that if I don't get my workout in early, it might not happen. Maybe you deal with this also. I have always been an early riser so this is right up my alley. (BC my wife) and I like to enjoy some time together before we head off to work.

She has a schedule, but I just go when they call me. I have had people tell me that they could not work that way, but I have been doing it for 37 years. That seems like a long time, but it was just the other day when I hired out for the Union Pacific Railroad. Or at least that is the way it seems.

God tells us in James 4;14 ( whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.) I'll bet that if you ask anyone who is older, they will tell you that their life just flew by.

If you haven't accepted Christ as your savior, don't wait. Today is the day. For we don't know what tomorrow will bring. I have had people say that they will wait untill they are ready. That time may never come for them, because today may be their last day on earth.

Salvation is a free gift from God. You cannot earn it. Ephesians 2;8-9 ( For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.) So you see that when Christ died on the cross, He paid the price of my sin and yours. We can have eternal life through Him and only through Him.

All we need to do is admit we are a sinner, Romans 3;23 ( for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.) God tells us that we are all sinners, everyone of us. Then ask Christ to come into your life and be Lord of your life. Romans 10;9-10 ( that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.) Simple as that! He doesn't say you might be saved, He says YOU WILL BE SAVED.

I pray that you won't wait for another day, because that other day might not come.

God Bless You

No comments: