Tuesday, September 19, 2006

"My Wife" A Gift From God!

How many times have you heard someone thank God for his wife? Probably not as many times as they should give Him thanks.

God tells us in Proverbs 19;14 ( Houses and riches are an inheritance form fathers, But a prudent wife is from the Lord.) I think as husbands we tend to take our wives for granted. They take care of our house, raise our children, some work outside the house in the work force, they fix our meals, comfort us when we are sick, teach our children respect for others. The list is endless.

When was the last time you told your wife you loved her? I've heard guys say, well she knows I love her. That may be true, but we all like to hear someone tell us how much they care for us. I'm as guilty as the next person when it comes to expressing my feelings. I tend to say " she knows".

In Ephesians 5;28-29 the scripture says ( So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife, loves himself; for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church.)

So we have an example from Jesus, that we are to love our wife as he did the church. Proverbs 12;4 says ( An excellent wife is the crown of her husband)

I give thanks to God for my wife, and so should each one of us. Thank you Lord for giving me my wounderful loving wife!!

Don't wait, tell her how happy you are that God gave her to you, and how much she means to you, and continue to love her.

God Bless You

1 comment:

Nan said...

What a sweet post Terry! Thanks for that.
What a blessed wife you have.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
Grace and peace,
Nan