Saturday, September 16, 2006

Saturday

I have been busy all morning paying bills and getting ready to watch some football. Not that I like football, but it only last for a few months and then we wait for another day. Watching a game gives me time to rest and enjoy something that I like.

God tells us that we are to rest. He rested after 6 days of creation and called it a day of rest. Genesis 2:3 (Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.)

God didn't need rest but set an example for us to follow in our daily work. I find myself working all the time if I don't make time for rest. We tend to get caught up in this busy life we lead and the next thing we know weeks have gone by.

I try to take time out every day to study in Gods word. I have been a christian for 22 years and have tried not to let any days go by without being in the word. I have failed of course, but the next day I get back to reading Gods word. If we don't study the scriptures, we can be easily decieved.

So the next time you find yourself working all the time, Take time for God and read his word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, you are a work aholic and you need to rest. I enjoy reading your daily posts. I am sure the cake and celebration for Kyla's Birthday helped :)


Love, Cedar